BUILDING CODES FOR BUILDING DECKS
Course 4 of 4
FEATURES & FINISHES
Decks contain many features typical inside a house, such as stairs, ramps, landings, guards, and handrails. These features, as well as common deck amenities, are explained in this course as they apply to decks. Photos and graphics provide a clear understanding of what’s required for the safe use and navigation of these features. Code provisions discussed in this class are useful in applications other than just decks.
This course is approximately 3.0 hours and approved for 0.30 CEU from the International Code Council and 3.0 HSW LU from the American Institute of Architects.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, attendees will…
- Understand the differences and similarities of guards and handrails.
- Learn the strict geometric requirements of various stairways, including straight, winder and spiral, and the uniformity required of their components.
- Realize the electrical and building provisions related to the location of a hot tub.
- Discover the new 2021 provisions related to deck guard connections.
Course Approvals and Credits
- Exclusive, recommended education for the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA) Master Deck Professional-Code Certification
- 0.30 Preferred Provider CEU from the International Code Council (ICC)
- 3.0 HSW LU from the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Course Instructor: Glenn Mathewson, MCP
Code Edition: 2021 International Residential Code
- Stairs & Ramps
- Rise & Run
- Loading & Lighting
- Guard & Rail Loads
About The Course
FOUR ENROLLMENT OPTIONS!
– EVERY Course –
– EVERY Webinar –
– ALL the ICC CEUs –
– ONE YEAR of Access –
– ALL of EVERYTHING –
– ONLY $365 –
There is no better value for quality education than Full Enrollment. One price, one year, all the education for only a dollar a day!
– Every Course –
– Videos Only –
– 6 Months of Access –
– Just $199 –